Saturday, March 7, 2009

Raise up ya'll.

There was this thing that used to make me sad.
Last night, it came. Right in front of my face.
I waited for something in me to freak out.
And then, nothing.
(I only wish I'd worn a hotter dress.)
I felt fine.
I still feel fine.
I am not sad anymore!
It didn't come back!
This
was
A physical manifestation of my freedom.
I went home, changed into my scrub pants, and tackled my Sabrina in sweet celebration.
I danced in the street, bought double-stuff oreos, and spilled my gratitude all over this town.
"Goodbye," I said to them.
I am no longer colonized by that part of my past.

1 comment:

PleaseRememberMeFondly said...

I love the part about spilling your gratitude all over the town. And "colonized". . .ooh i love that. And if you were wearing it, unless it was a dead couch, the dress was definitely hot enough ;)