Sunday, April 19, 2009

Overture.


What if there is a shard, 
even a benign fraction of you,
in all of my events.
What if you are in everything I create?

This is not a love song.
It is what scares the hell out of me.

All of you are in me, here. 
You are combining.

My Mamaw--------------My father.
My Katie -----------------and the boy.
Her countenance-------her distance.
How do I extract them from my fingerprints?
How do I keep the love and sieve out the ice?

As I turn up the slow chords of truth,
there   is   still   the   rhythm   of   fists.
Each takes on a life of its own.
Converging.

Do I fight for possession of my path?
Or let you have a page
Let you have a piece 
Let you have me.

(I let you in.) You are a part,
and I am not ashamed of you.
But I am the whole.
I AM WHOLE
And that is the love song.

Still, my public heart
is ready for more
and that is what scares the hell out of me.

1 comment:

Que Buen Chica! said...

2 Nephi 2:11
For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my first-born in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.

How ironic that you are also my first-born - no need to separate the shards from the love - they go together in a nice little package. (Maybe just round out the edges of the shards that are too sharp)?

Always remember that!