Friday, April 3, 2009

(Your) SILENCE IS EASY.

I'm sittin in the library--
My hair is rainy today, it waves in slow remembrance of my walk home last night.
If you knew me, you'd see it and remember that this is what I'm like after the rain.
I am a slow pulse, the afterbeat of that staccato thought.

The music is in me-- it will not pass.
God.

My laptop is at home, 19 pages of words.

They're ready for me.
Instead, I am here in front of this screen.

10 academic pages call my attention.
I am not ready for them.
Why can't my paper be about how I've felt for the past 3 days?
Please can I just turn in my journal? It's better.


I just need to say-- that I have a lot to say.
I am full, full-up with words.
I am full, full-up with growth.
And soon, 1000 people will have been to this blog.
What does that mean?
Soon, I will be swimmin in a pool and soapin in a shower and then talkin to him.
What does that mean?

1 comment:

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Am I the 1000th visitor? Hopefully. Did you finish your paper?