Friday, October 12, 2007

More from the LRC

THE DAY: fRIDAY oCTOBER 12tH 2OO7
THE TIME:6:28 pM
THE MUSIC: sONG oF iMPOSSIBLE tHINGS; tHE sIX pARTS sEVEN
THE MOMENT: the library, involuntarily resistant.

Swore to myself I’d never get lost again

that you’d lead me home like a fire leads a siren
well I’m just lookin’ for a door that’s always open
that doesn’t need no pushin’ doesn’t need no shovin’
oh please
won’t you let me in

Swore to Myself
By Sophia.

Some songs bring a certain feeling. I don't have the word for it quite yet... or maybe I'll decide to never find that word. Regardless, this is one of those songs.
The lyrics aren't really enough for this one though.
Download it.
Hit play.
Close your eyes.
Let go.



Today I am restless.
I am wide open.
Somehow, despite my mediocre surroundings, my previous motives, my fully obligated agenda,
I am floating through my own longings.

Something within me sways from side to side.
She is a musician.
She is an artist.
She is everywhere.
She swims across the oceans, she passes through the walls, she jumps from her own eyes, off of high dive cliffs, falls freely without fear of the future.
Arise.



No comments: